Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Angels of the Toilet Bowl

By S.T. Cartledge

I try to cling on to the edge of the bowl and slide down. I think this is the right house. I think this is the right bathroom. I could be wrong, and then I'd be fucked. I slide down smooth porcelain, down the bowl and into the s-bend. I rest here a while in the darkness, in the fetid dunny water, and take the moment's still isolation to contemplate upon the situation.

I want to go back to the sewer city, go back to the other sewer angels and hope everything settles back to normal. But Gendo tried to kill me. And the others were going to leave me for dead.

Do they even want me back?

Do I even want to go back?

When I am with them, I am afraid and outspoken. When I am alone, I am lonely and depressed. At least in the sewer city I have Asuka to talk to. But sometimes I wonder if she'd be better off without me.

A light turns on. By the sound of the footsteps, the Adam in the bedroom must have woken up and come into the bathroom. The light shuts out again as he sits down.

There is no escape.

I need more time to think, I need more time to sort out my head.

Adam.

I need more time.

Adam.

Adam.

I need more time.

Don't block me down here, don't flush me back to the city. I want to yell out all sorts of vulgar things at the massive ass sitting right above me but I know it won't accomplish anything.

There is no escape.

_________________________________________________

BIO S.T. Cartledge is a 400 ton bio-computer with built in CD, DVD, mp3, BluRay, SatNav, VHS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Vinyl, Kindle, Nook, InkJet, Cognitive mapping software, and wireless Stompbox, that can be all yours for 365 simple payments of 984.7³ gold pieces plus postage and handling. For more details, terms and conditions, please navigate yourself over to http://themanifold.wordpress.com/ and have a very pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment